Dice is an alternative form of gambling entertainment, along with cards, roulette, reel slots and a variety of lotteries. To the domestic public, they are known as cubes, to the English-speaking population – dice.
Another name for dice – zara, is common in Asia, which is considered the ancestor of this type of gambling device.
The main dispute over the right to invent cubes is between India and Iran. It was on the territory of the last state that the most ancient requisites of this gambling game were found. The age of the fossilized dice, according to experts, exceeds 5 millennia.
Craps is the most common dice game
Possessing such an ancient origin, bones are undeservedly inferior in popularity to other gambling entertainments. In fact, the only variant of dice that has taken root well in casinos is craps, which is little known to the general public.
Bridging the gap is easy. Craps simulators are freely available online casinos , without restrictions on official membership (registration) or financial capabilities. Demo machines that allow you to play dice online for free allow you to bypass any risks.
Rules and how to play
Surprisingly, but true: the plot of craps, where only a couple of dice are involved, is more confusing (for an uninformed casino visitor) than the game scheme of popular games – poker or roulette. The person who throws the dice is called a shooter, or shooter, and changes in the course of the gambling process.
Each batch of craps combines two rounds:
- Come Out Roll . The first roll, which must be made so that the cubes hit the opposite side.
- Point Roll . The second round, continues until the sides form the sum of 7 or Po dice
The first roll determines how the dice are played next. There are three options for continuing, depending on the amount on the dice:
- 7 or 11 (Natural) – the shooter wins and re-rolls;
- 2, 3, 12 (Craps) – the shooter loses and is replaced by the next player;
- the remaining numbers 4–6 and 8–10 – the transition of the game to the second round.
At the start of the Point Roll, the amount that activated it is fixed, and the “ON” chip is placed on the field. The round continues until the total of the dice points is 7 or Point. That is why the number that started the second stage is remembered.
The actual, second round of dice is a game for the rest of the participants. The available bets on the field correspond to specific amounts, specific events, or a combination of both.
Therefore, it is convenient to divide them into three categories:
Bets on the amount of the next throw :
- Eleven – 11;
- Craps Three – 3;
- Craps Two – 2;
- Craps Twelve 12;
- Any Seven – 7.
- The payout odds for the first tandem of bets are 15: 1, for the second pair 30:
1. The latter option brings 4x the net prize money.
2. Group :
- Any Craps – plays if the roll is 2, 3 or 12 with a 7: 1 pay multiplier.
- Field – available at any stage of craps. The bet wins if the total of the dice points is in the intervals 2-4 or 9-12. In case of a two or a dozen, the player receives a double net winnings, in other cases 1 to 1.
3 . Event-driven . The trigger is the loss of specific amounts preceding the seven. This is Big Six or Eight, where the numbers 6 and 8, respectively, must precede the appearance of 7. The winning is 1 to 1. The third type of event bet is the Hard Way. She plays with doubles ahead of the number 7. For 3 + 3, 4 + 4, paying 9 to 1, 2 + 2 and 5 + 5 will win 7: 1.
Their main feature is pairing. This means that each bet has its opposite. A concrete example is Pass Line. A bet is allowed only at the first stage of the game and is characterized by three results for a gambler:
- Winning – 7 or 9 dropped out.
- Defeat – the amount was any of options 2, 3, 12.
- Remains on the table when the game progresses to the second round.
- Don’t Pass Line does the opposite. The gambler wins with Craps, loses his bet with Natural numbers.
The Pass Line bet remaining for the second stage will win if the round ends with a Point. Accordingly, its counterversion will play at the end of the Point Roll due to the roll of the seven.
Other types of bets on fields:
- Come / Don’t.
- Come Odds / Don’t.
- Pass Line Odds / Don’t.
The first three types have counterversions to Don’t Come and the like. Their features are easier to learn in practice using demo online slots, where dice is available for free. For Win to play, the specified number must fall before the seven. The winning condition for the Lose bet is the opposite.
It is very difficult to process the information flow associated with craps rules in one approach. This factor negatively affects the popularity of the game. The situation is gradually improving with the advent of web casinos. Virtual clubs offer “free craps tutorials” simulations of this game. For audiences who have successfully completed the training, regular and live slot machines are available, where only cash bets are present.